Vorne digital timers provide a cost effective means to measure elapsed time in one of two standard modes of operation. Some specific applications supported by Vorne large digital timers are count up, count down, elapsed time, cycle timers, lap timers, and takt timers. Like all Vorne products, you get a quality display in a rugged industrial enclosure, accompanied by expert technical support. With your choice of display color (standard red, optional green, yellow or tricolor in 4" discrete only) and digit sizes ranging from 4" to 12", Vorne digital timers have the flexibility you require to serve your demanding industrial timer applications.
Digital Timers Selection Guide
|Series||87 Series Digital Timers|
|Digit Heights||4" Solid Segment Digit|
4" Discrete Digit
6" Discrete Digit
8" Discrete Digit
12" Discrete Digit
|Viewing Distance (Recommended/ Maximum)||4" Solid Segment - 100' / 140'|
4" Discrete - 120' / 160'
6" Discrete - 180' / 240'
8" Discrete - 240' / 320'
12" Discrete - 360' / 480'
|Number of Digits||2, 3, 4, 6, 8 or 12 digit|
(Optional colons for 4 and 6 digit timers)
|Display Color||Standard red, optional tricolor|
(Tricolor available for 4" discrete digit only)
|Display Technology||Discrete LED|
(Solid segment available in 4" size digit only)
|Timing Units||See below|
|Supports Preset||Yes (Set with a PC using our FREE Display-Pro® 4 Windows® programming utility or by the 87/003 Hand Held Terminal)|
|Programmable Operation||Yes (Configurable via DIP switch selection or PC using our FREE Vorne Display-Pro® 4 Windows® programming utility)|
|Mounting Options||Hang Mount|
|Power Requirements||120/220 VAC ±15% 50/60Hz|
|Cost||See 87 Series Displays/Pricing|
4" discrete 4 digit $533
4" discrete 6 digit $641
The 87/705 Digital Elapsed Timer is the most powerful of our large digital timers. Standard features include your choice of 4", 6", 8" and 12" tall digits in a 7-segment formation and features a set of inputs consisting of 2 timer control inputs (jumper selectable sink or source) plus reset. Simply accumulate elapsed time or time up or down from preset values. DIP switches allow the user to select from one of many popular pre-programmed modes of operation including a selection for display format. Time in fractional or unit seconds, minutes, hours, or even days, with ten millisecond resolution. Displays can be ordered in a clock format (with colons) or standard format. Available DIP switch selectable display formats are as follows. (Other display formats are achieved by using our FREE Vorne Display-Pro® 4 Windows® programming utility.)
- Seconds down to tenths of seconds
- Seconds down to hundredths of seconds
- Minutes and seconds (with optional colon installed)
- Minutes and seconds down to tenths of seconds (with optional colon installed)
- Minutes and seconds down to hundredths of seconds (with optional colon installed)
- Minutes down to tenths of minutes
- Minutes down to hundredths of minutes
- Hours and minutes (with optional colon installed)
- Hours, minutes and seconds (with optional colons installed)
- Hours and minutes down to tenths of minutes (with optional colon installed)
- Hours down to tenths of hours
- Hours down to hundredths of hours
87/705 Custom Operation
Custom modes of operation are possible using our FREE Vorne Display-Pro® 4 Windows® programming utility for 87 Series units. The list below defines some of the operational characteristics that can be programmed with a PC using our Vorne Display-Pro® 4 Windows® programming utility. Contact Vorne for specifics at email@example.com.
- Color Changes - Display changes color in a tricolor display when a process variable such as time reaches a preset value or as the display scrolls through a sequence of display items.
- Define Range Restrictions - Define the minimum and maximum allowable display value and take action if a limit is reached such as stop, flash the display value or flash a predefined string.
- Define an Address - An address is defined for networking applications.
- Define Inputs - Define an active level for each individual input and debounce time.
- Preset and Trigger - Unit takes special action if a preset value is reached such as activating a relay, flashing the display value, reloading a predefined initial value, stop, change color for tricolor displays, and/or transmit a predefined string.
How to Order 87 Series Digital Timers
87 Series Digital Timers Ordering Options.
87/705-AB-CD Example: 87/705-4D-4
|A||Digit Height||4 = 4"|
6 = 6"
8 = 8"
12 = 12"
|B||Display Type||D = Discrete LED Digit|
S = Solid Segment (4" only)
|C||Number of Digits||2, 3, 4, 6, 8, or 12|
4C or 6C (clock formats)
|D||Display Color||No Designator = Red (standard)|
TR = Tri-color (optional)