The XL API is a REST-based interface that enables you to directly integrate XL with other systems and applications, as well as get information in and out of XL devices. The XL API is available on XL devices with software versions 2.0 and later.
The XL API is particularly useful for larger companies with well-staffed IT departments that want total control over the integration. Companies seeking to use the API should plan to utilize the services of an experienced software developer.
For companies that lack these resources we recommend working with Vorne Integration Partners. Our Integration Partners provide a combination of turnkey software products and services (often built using API connections) and will help you to closely integrate XL with your existing systems, so that you don't need to dedicate resources to the maintenance of an API connection.
The XL API can be used to push information into the XL Devices. Here are five common uses of this functionality:
- Push Part and Job settings into XL (and start a new Part Run).
- Push a Shift name into XL (and start a new Shift).
- Push a Team name and Team size into XL (and assign these settings to the current Shift).
- Push a command into XL to force it into a different production state and associated reason (e.g. Not Scheduled > No Production).
- Push a unique message onto the LED scoreboard for a maximum of 30 seconds (e.g. "Great Job Team!").
The XL API can also be used to pull information from XL for use in another system (normally by writing to a database). Here are three common uses of this functionality:
- Pull all data and settings from XL (for use as a device backup).
- Pull all the metrics associated with a data channel (e.g. Hour, Shift, Production Day, Month, Part) into an SQL database for use with a third-party reporting platform.
- Pull the currently active XL production state and reason (to trigger an event in a CMMS or ERP system).
To learn if the XL API is a good fit for your application, and to obtain a copy of the XL API documentation, please contact Vorne Support:
As we continue to develop and add features to XL, the XL API will be subject to change.
The following changes have been made to the API:
|2.14||Manufacturing Process > Start Down Event||Added new endpoint.|
|2.12||Manufacturing Process > Enable Process State (Production State)||Added ability to enable “running” and “down” states, if automatic run detection is disabled.|
|2.12||Channels > [Event Endpoints]||Added “previous”, “first”, and “last” event endpoints to coincide with the existing “current” event endpoint.|
|2.12||Manufacturing Process > Submit Rejects with Reason||Added new POST endpoint to submit a number of reject counts with a specified reject reason.|
|2.11||Manufacturing Process > Inject Logical Inputs||Added new POST endpoint to inject a certain number of logical inputs on a single pin based on a payload.|
|2.11||Manufacturing Process > Start Part Run (Job)||Changes to POST request:
|2.10||Tables > [All Endpoints]
Channels > [All Endpoints]
|2.10||Tables > Dimensions
Scoreboard > Graphic Overlay Image
Scoreboard > Graphic Overlay Mode
Scoreboard > Graphic Overlay Position
Manufacturing Process > Split Down Event
|Added new endpoints.|
|2.10||Manufacturing Process > Start Part Run (Job)||Changes to POST request: